"I want to thank Chess Power for the work they do. Chess is making a huge difference to many kids in my school and the tournaments are a real drawcard. Earning the opportunity to play at the Nationals gives my kids such a wonderful life experience. Please pass on my appreciation to all those in your organisation."
Dirk Winnie, Avalon School
Chess Power Coaching Programmes
Our Coaches are trained and certified FIDE chess trainers and accredited professional chess coaches. We are all passionate about chess and the benefits it can bring, and are experienced at inspiring and bringing the best out in kids.
We run Free Chess Open Days at schools inspiring all kids within a school to learn, play and enjoy Chess
We Coach Chess within a number of schools in Auckland, New Zealand through our School Chess Coaching Programmes
We deliver more personalised and focussed coaching through Private Coaching in Auckland and Wellington
We provide coaching to students all across the world through our Virtual Coach™ program
We run the New Zealand Chess Academy - a targeted chess learning environment for passionate kids wanting to excel in Chess.
Chess Power Tournaments
- Each year, we literally run hundreds of Chess tournaments for kids. In Auckland we run cluster tournaments to find qualifiers for our regional events.
- We run regional tournaments across all major towns in New Zealand twice each year. Over 1000 students participate each term!
- Winners of our regional events qualify for the Chess Power Teams Nationals.
- We also run the Chess Power Champions Trophy - an invitation-only annual event consisting of the most talented junior Chess players across New Zealand
- We run the Sarapu Cup in Central Auckland, North Shore Auckland, Hamilton, Rotorua, Wellington, Timaru and Christchurch with more locations to come! The Sarapu Cup is a highly popular tournament held on every month designed for kids at all levels
- We run the Sarapu Cup Championships in Rotorua, Wellington and Central Auckland. The Sarapu Cup Championships are a super-powered version of the standard Sarapu Cup where we celebrate the year gone with Christmas cheer.
We Create, We Innovate
We train people to coach Chess
What people say about us
"Chess Power has done a great job promoting chess in schools around New Zealand. It takes a lot of drive & dedication to be able to achieve." Read more
"Joseph Teofilo was awarded Wairarapa Maori male Junior Sportsman of the Year and the Peoples Choice trophy for his achievements in chess both regionally and nationally. Thanks for all you do Paul, you and your team do a fantastic job, and Joseph is certainly looking forward to the 2016 tournaments!" Read more
"Chess Power provide a fantastic opportunity for school children to develop their chess skills and to take part in many exciting and well-run tournaments throughout the country." Read more